Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pouch is DONE!!

I think it turned out so cute and pretty good for my 2nd pouch ever! I hope Fay likes it. I got some goodies for it today but plan to get more soon!

Here are some instagrams sneak peeks. The sewing machine (found here) was cut out with my Silhouette Portrait using the fabric blade and interfacing. Just thought a cute applique would work so well with this pouch and the reason for the pouch (Sweet Pouch Swap).

 
After cutting out the sewing machine, I thought a red heart behind it would be cut and make it stand out better. So I again used my Portrait to cut out a heart shape. I ironed both on then topstitched around them. I love how it turned out! The Portrait cuts so good for such small details.
 
Once I got all the pieces ready, I followed this tutorial to finish up the pouch.

I hope she likes it. I had fun trying to find the perfect fabric and colors...I hope I did well. :)

Here is the final project; I won't show what goodies I have inside as I want them to be a surprise. ;)

 
Close up of the Sewing Machine and Heart
 
 
Inside, with pocket
 
 
 
So excited to try out my Portrait for an applique. This was a "big" test for it and it passed with flying colors. After a week of having it, I am in love! I am sure you will see more projects soon! ;)
 
Until then, Keep the Faith and Hugs & Love!

No comments: