Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A sewing I will go...

Ashlee has been good for most of the day so I got my layer cake cut and got over half of the blocks sown. She is fighting sleep so my sewing has stalled some but that is ok. I just wish she would rest before her swim lesson tonight. Last night was her first night but a storm came through right before her session so we sat in the sun room and went over the safety stuff. So far it is sunny today so I hope she gets to swim tonight.

Here are some pics from last night:

These are from my cell since I left my camera in the car. I did get some before we left the house but again I left my camera in Jamie's car.

Waiting for her session to start:


During the storm. She did good. Usually she is scared of storms and cries non stop but she just kept her fingers in her ears the entire time. The wind got up really bad and blew over all the stuff around the pool and blew over her recycle garbage can, breaking glass in the process.



And here is what I did this morning. I cut my layer cake into 3 1/2" and 6 1/2", rearranged the pieces then sewed them together. I got all 42 sewn together then cut in half, now I am working on rearranging then and pieces them together. I can't wait to see my Berenstain Bears Quilt! Doing the Double Slice Layer Cake pattern. Oh and Ashlee was taking "pictures" of it while I worked. I think she got my arm for 90% of the pictures. lol







No comments: