Friday, May 4, 2012

Sewing Spree

Since Little Bit is with the grandparents this weekend, I decided to do some sewing. This morning I went to JoAnn's since they have their flannel on sale. I got enough for 3 receiving blankets. I also got a yardage to make Ashlee's 4th of July skirt and the June Tailor Shape Cut Ruler (yay for 50% coupon). I also got birdhouses to make this cute birdhouse for Mom for Mother's Day.

After I got home, I ate then started sewing. I got 2 blanket done and SOLD! Yes sold! My friend Rachel is going to buy them for her emboridery business. I told her I had to wash them first to make sure all seams are good. But yay!

Here are the blankets I made today. The girlie one is smaller than I meant for it to be but I am still no good at cutting a straight line and my cutting mat is messed up so it makes for cutting hard.

I am in love with the monkey blanket. Mom wants one...which I figured thus the reason I bought enough for 2 blankets. lol






Getting better at miter corners!

Next up is to make some Mug Rugs.

Update: Mug Rug made! Not perfect as I tried something different for the binding...next time I will stick with what I know. lol




No comments: