Thursday, November 29, 2012

Weighted Sensory Blankets

Since most of my sales have been for custom weighted sensory blankets, I thought I would share some of the pictures of them. I don't have all as I forgot to take pictures of the first few. I can make any size, any weight and any fabric, just ask. I will discuss your color or theme preference, fabric for both sides (cotton, flannel, fleece or minky), and once we agree on the colors, size, weight and fabric, I set up the custom listing for payment. Per my policies, I ask for payment up front to help buy the fabric. I try to get all blankets made within a week of payment but I note it could take up to 3 weeks, especially if I have to order the fabric but I always keep you updated on the progress. I do have a 4 year old remember. ;) A note on the blankets, after several designs, I found that using muslin inside gives an extra barrier for safety. I also leave about 1 1/2 inches on the sides so the weight is centered and that the pellets are not right on the edge. All blankets (minus the laminate one in my shop) are fully washable and can be dry. In fact, all blankets are washed and dried before shipment. I wash and dry my daughter's weekly; it is about 6 months old and looks great still. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!


The first two are some I sold early on:

Cotton with felt backing
 
Flannel on both sides (loved the colors of this one)

 
 
 
These are custom order blankets I made. All fabric was approved by the buyer before I started. I always send pictures before hand so they can approve. Nothing is done until the final approval and payment. 


John Deere Flannel and cotton backing


Organic cotton front with minky backing
 
 
 Dora cotton front with pink cotton backing
 
 
And this is the one that started it all. My daughter's blanket. It was redesigned a few times before I got a design I liked and worked well. It is cotton front (she picked out the fabric) with a minky backing. I also made her the pillow case that Buster is laying on. :)
 
 

No comments: