Monday, October 1, 2012

Halloween is here...

Normally I don't like to decorate much for Halloween but my daughter loves Spiders, Ghosts, etc. Go figure. lol So even though it isn't much, I got a little crafty this year. So here are my Halloween Crafts I did. And sorry for the bad pictures, it is a cold, rainy day here in TN.

First up is the Halloween Banner. I just cut the pendants out and mod podge onto cardstock then zig zag stitched them onto some ribbon. Super cute and easy.




You will also notice the hanging ghosts, bats, and spiders. These are felt or foam pieces I found at JoAnn's on sale. I just used some old thread and sewed the top part so it would hang. I pulled out the needle thread really long before I started. I have these hanging through the house. Even off the pull string for the attic door in the hallway.



Next is our little door knob hangers. I used some cardstock, scrap fabric, and some Halloween cards (from Paper Coterie). I zig zag stitched the fabric edge to the card stock, then zig zag stitched the card to the fabric/cardstock. Then I mod podge that piece to a black cardstock to cover up the stitching on the back. Punched a hole, thread a ribbon, and you have a nice little ornament. I did use a $1 stamp I got at JoAnn's for the Spooktacular on the pumpkin on.



Next up is a wreath that my Mom actually made. I had made a 4th of July one and while she was visiting one week, we made up these Halloween ones. The Boo To You plaque came from Hobby Lobby. The wreath was $2.50 at Wal-Mart and we used scrap fabric and burlap.



And here are my candy jars. I used Mason Jars, and mod podge scrap fabric to the top, sprayed painted the lid black, and the just put some stickers I got, again, at JoAnn's. Super cute and easy. Our daughter loved them...she already ate all the sour worms in one of the jars...ok I helped some. ;)

 
These are super easy and cheap ways to decorate for Halloween. Now to start planning for Christmas as I start decorating November 1st!

1 comment:

sadf said...

My favorite of all of these projects is that wreath. I just love how the fabric and burlap adds length to it, perfectly filling the space that it's hung in.
Very nice!